Prunus Africana Powder, derived from the bark of the Prunus Africana tree (known as Muiri among several Kenyan communities), and is associated with a range of potential health benefits, many of which are supported by many scientific studies. It’s essential to note that individual responses to supplements may vary, and consulting with a healthcare professional is advisable before incorporating any new product into your routine. Here are some potential benefits of Prunus Africana Powder:
- Prostate Health Support: Prunus Africana has been traditionally used to support prostate health, and scientific studies have explored its potential in managing prostate-related issues in men. Some research suggests that it may help alleviate symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) [Reference: Mahdi et al., 2019].
The powder is used for sexual disorders, increasing sexual desire in healthy people, menstrual disorders, joint pain, and other conditions. Pygeum’s research-supported benefits to prostate health may improve the quality of one’s sex life. It can help relieve pain, inflammation, and urinary difficulties.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The bark of the Muiri tree contains compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, which may contribute to reducing inflammation in the body [Reference: Oudin et al., 2020]. Chronic inflammation is linked to various health conditions, and incorporating anti-inflammatory agents into the diet can be beneficial.
- Rich in Phytochemicals: Prunus Africana is rich in phytochemicals such as phytosterols and pentacyclic triterpenes. These bioactive compounds have been associated with antioxidant and anti-cancer properties, contributing to overall health [Reference: Koné et al., 2018].
- Antioxidant Support: The presence of antioxidants in Prunus Africana Powder may help combat oxidative stress in the body. Antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralizing free radicals, which can contribute to aging and various chronic diseases.
- Nutrient Density: Prunus Africana Powder is a nutritional powerhouse, containing vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that support overall well-being. It can be a valuable addition to a balanced diet.
- Traditional Medicine: Prunus Africana has a long history of use in traditional African medicine for various health concerns. The traditional knowledge surrounding this plant adds to its cultural significance and suggests its perceived effectiveness. One of the traditional uses is in treating and preventing kidney disease & kidney pain. Inflammation, frequent urination, night urination, and more are also symptoms of kidney diseases. Pygeum may help quite a bit with these. However, it hasn’t been shown to treat or get rid of any kidney disease directly.Though promising, it needs more research before being considered an accepted treatment for kidney disease. More studies are needed to prove it’s a cure, or that it acts like a cure.
- Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing: Choosing a product that is ethically and sustainably sourced ensures that the environmental impact is minimized, and the resource is preserved for future generations.
- It helps in treating urinary conditions. Urinary tract infections (UTIs), bladder infections, and more could be helped by the intake of pygeum powder. A 2014 review of herbs for urinary conditions mentioned pygeum powder as among the most notable. A 2011 study also found that pygeum powder stimulated bladder healing, though this research was done on animals.
Pygeum may increase sperm and sperm quality:Pygeum is a prostate-supportive supplement that can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer in high risk individuals. Some benefits include increased sperm quality, semen volume, male fertility, and general prostate health.
While Prunus Africana Powder shows promise in promoting health, it’s crucial to approach supplements with caution and consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you have underlying health conditions or are taking medications. Individual responses to the supplement may vary, and it’s essential to prioritize overall health through a balanced lifestyle.
CAUTION! There isn’t enough reliable information to know if pygeum is safe to use when pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use, or consult your doctor before consuming it.
The medical information on our website is not advice and should not be treated as such. You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- Purity and Quality: Our Prunus Africana Powder is meticulously crafted from the bark of the Muiri tree, ensuring the highest quality and purity. We take pride in providing a premium product that meets rigorous standards.
- Traditional Wisdom, Modern Science: Locally known as Muiri or Pygeum, this powder has been used in traditional medicine for its various health-promoting properties. Backed by modern scientific studies, our product combines ancient wisdom with contemporary research.
- Rich in Phytochemicals: Prunus Africana is abundant in phytochemicals such as phytosterols, pentacyclic triterpenes, and ferulic acid. These compounds have been linked to numerous health benefits, including prostate health support and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prostate Health: Scientific studies suggest that Prunus Africana may contribute to maintaining prostate health, potentially reducing the risk of prostate-related issues in men. [Reference: Mahdi et al., 2019]
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The bark of the Muiri tree has demonstrated anti-inflammatory effects, making it a valuable addition to your wellness routine. [Reference: Oudin et al., 2020]
- Nutritional Powerhouse: Prunus Africana Powder is a rich source of essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, contributing to overall well-being.
- non-GMO, Organic and Sustainably Sourced: We are committed to environmental responsibility. Our Prunus Africana Powder is ethically and sustainably sourced, ensuring the preservation of this invaluable resource for future generations.
- Pygeum also increases prostatic and seminal fluid secretions. A meta-analysis revealed that men taking pygeum had a 19% reduction in nocturia and a 24% reduction in residual urine volume. Peak urine flow was increased by 23%. Pygeum may help reverse sterility, which can be caused by insufficient prostatic secretions.(Chevallier 1996). In one study, P. africana extract increased prostate secretions in both rats and humans.(Clavert 1986) It also improved seminal fluid composition.(Chevallier 1996) Thus by improving an underlying problem, P. africana extract may improve sexual function.(Carani 1991, Murray 1995)
- What is another name for pygeum? Prunus africana is known by the common names African cherry, pygeum (from its former scientific name, Pygeum africanum), iron wood, red stinkwood, African plum, African prune, and bitter almond.
- Is pygeum safe for kidneys? It may help treat symptoms of kidney disease. Because pygeum helps prostate urinary discomfort, it may help similar symptoms in some kidney diseases. The herbal extract is mentioned as a treatment in a couple of kidney disease research articles. These include a 2014 review and a 2015 study.
- Why do men take pygeum? Pygeum africanum is one of several popular herbal remedies for BPH. The review found that pygeum africanum is well tolerated, cheaper than many prescription medicines used for BPH, and provides moderate to complete relief from the urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate.
- Does pygeum balance Testosterone levels? Pygeum is known to support optimal levels of testosterone. The consequence of low testosterone is a low sperm count. The pygeum powder enhances the testosterone production and reduces testicular inflammation.
- Does Pygeum affect hormones? In animal studies, modern treatments like N-docosanol have been shown to decrease levels of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and prolactin ; however, one human study of Pygeum Powder did not find significant changes in testosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, or estrogens.
- What is the African secret for prostate repair? Pygeum Powder. Pygeum comes from the bark of the African plum tree. It’s been used in traditional medicine to treat urinary problems since ancient times, and is often nowadays being used to treat BPH symptoms, especially in Europe.
Pharmacologic Research: In the 1960s, scientists discovered that the bark of Prunus Africana has special properties that help manage a condition called BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia). BPH is a noncancerous prostate enlargement that causes discomfort in older men. More than half of men over 60 years old are affected by prostate issues, with symptoms like a weak urinary stream, hesitancy, nocturia, incontinence, and recurrent urinary tract infections.
Natural Alternatives: To avoid the high costs and side effects of surgery and drugs (like Tadenan, Bidrolar, and Pygenil), many people turn to alternative treatments like Prunus Africana powder. Countless Scientific studies have confirmed the effectiveness and safety of the bark powder in treating BPH through multicenter trials and clinical studies. However, some scientists debate whether it can prevent long-term complications from BPH. Traditionally, the powder was given to young babies to treat protein allergies, and even to pregnant ladies, further proving its safety as compared to many herbal medications.
Challenges and Future Research: Conducting in-depth studies is tough because natural products like Prunus Africana cannot be patented, making it hard for companies to recover their costs. More research is continuing on the powder to fully understand the long-term benefits and potential complications of using Prunus Africana in treating BPH. Despite the many ongoing debates, Prunus Africana as a therapeutic supplement has been widely used for hundreds of years, contributing to its continued popularity. On Amazon and other online shops, it is on sale in capsule form, selling at high prices but with many good reviews from verified buyers who are reporting many positive changes to their bodies in terms of health, energy, sexuality et al., and most notably in successful treatment of various prostate gland issues. Commercial products from Pygeum powder are sold as tablets or capsules known by various names such as Tadenan by Laboratoires Debat and Pygenil by Indena Spa; as herbal teas to treat BPH; and as 1-day formulas containing a blend of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and herbs, such as P. africana.
Prunus Africana powder, or pygeum powder, is a fascinating natural remedy with a dual history—steeped in tradition and backed by modern research. Its versatility makes it a valuable asset for various health issues, from traditional uses in Africa to its potential role in managing BPH. As research continues, the wonders of Prunus Africana are sure to unfold, offering hope for a natural and effective approach to health and well-being.
Directions for Use: Add a teaspoon of Prunus Africana Powder to your daily smoothies, shakes, or meals for a convenient and delicious way to incorporate this health-boosting superfood into your routine.
Recommended Use: Add one tablespoon of the powder in hot water, wait for it to cool, and enjoy the drink. The tea can be taken by children too. You can add also add the powder to your preferred drink, twice a day.
Elevate your well-being with the natural power of Prunus Africana Powder. Order now to experience the holistic benefits of this ancient remedy, thoughtfully prepared for the modern world.